23 Nov Receiving the Excellence in ELearning Award at World Education Congress and Awards
We are thrilled to receive the Award for Excellence in ELearning at the World Education Congress and Awards!
Brian was at the Congress and Awards ceremony at Taj Land’s End in Mumbai on 23 and 24th November 2017 to receive the award and to give a talk Learning 3.0: Technology enabled Team-based learning for purposeful education.
The Congress looks into the evolving nature of education and education pedagogy and has various award categories to celebrate excellence in the field of education.
Attended by global thought leaders and educators from more than 75 countries, topics like ‘the role of technology in shaping the future of higher education’ and ‘education for sustainable education’ were discussed.
Talk abstract: Learning 3.0: Technology enabled Team-based learning for purposeful education
• Some learning environments haven’t changed in centuries with a reference to a painting of a classroom at the School of Bologna in the 14th century
• There is an employability gap with traditional teaching methods versus 21st century workplace requirements with a reference to the World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report
• Many traditional methods don’t work for millennial learners While many educators broadly agree with these themes. However, what to practically do about them becomes a little fuzzier with questions such as:
• Many cognitive science learning principles are understood, but which ones to implement?
• Which one of the 100,000 education technology apps should I use in my teaching?
• How to measure the results and use data effectively? This session will draw on experience with leading academic institutions such as Duke-NUS and Yale-NUS to provide a very practical example of how to use technology enabled teams and real-time data analysis to equip millennial learners with 21st century skills. In addition, participants will not only hear about this approach but experience it as well so don’t forget to bring your mobile technology ready to use.